Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Renaming a Dialog's 'Ok' Button

Some of our users tend to be a bit 'click happy' when it comes to pop-ups.  Reading a complete sentence or two in a prompt can be a laborious task, and the 'ok' button seems to be viewed as the easy way out. I have often wanted to rename a dialog's 'ok' button in the past in order to give a more descriptive text of what would happen next, but I always resorted to just creating a form with custom buttons.  Today, I decided to figure it out.   I was tasked with prompting the user to send an email to a customer, and I did not want them to just click through this prompt.  Renaming the button 'Send' will make them think twice before clicking away... I hope.

Here is my original prompt with the boring old 'Ok' button.



A few lines of extra code...


and...

Beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment